Futon is a quilted mattress that is laid on the floor for sleeping. It is a traditional Japanese bedding which consists of both the mattress and the duvet. Futons are pliable which allows the scope of folding and storing them away during the daytime. But, according to the American idea, a futon is a sofa that doubles as a guest bed. Futons are made up of compressed layers of organic cotton, latex or wool and is about 3 inches thick. These layers are then tufted inside acover to keep all the batting secure and insure that we have a long lasting product.When looking for a futon, there are certain points you need to focus on.
- The use- How often you will use the futon is an important aspect which decides the type of futon you need to buy. If you want to use it regularly then it should be of fine quality and if it is for occasional purpose, then a normal futon can work.
- Thickness of the mattress- Buy that futon you feel comfortable on, while sleeping. Thin futon looks good with metal frame but a thick futon generally needs to be paired with wooden frame.
- The attractiveness- How your futon looks is very important. Choose the coil filled or the solid filled depending on your requirement. Coil filled generally lose their shape over time but on the other hand solid filled maintain their shape.
- Size of the futon- Size of the mattress that you choose depends on your requirement. Make sure that you have the frame which will fit with the size of your futon.
- Right cover- If you have an appetite for a cover then make sure it matches the interior of your room.
So it’s time you choose a futon that matches your mood and suits your personality.